Thursday, March 20, 2008

Obama, the New Hitler?

Ok now that I have everyone's attention let's clear some things up now. Do I think that Obama is the reincarnation of Hilter? Of course not. Actually the biggest problem for me about Obama is the fact that I disagree with almost all of his positions yet at the same time I just really like the guy. I mean honestly, how could you not? Seriously I heard his speech the other day and I was like sign me up (even though he really didn't address the main concern that people have). He however still has not distance himself away from the messages that were delivered over the pulpit and he needs to condem this type of sermons.

His main focus on the speech was that even though what Rev. Wright said was wrong, we need to listen to it from a black perspective? WHAT! We have to what? This is why people are still making such a big deal about it. He excuses the pastor on what he has said so in essences he hasn't denounced what the pastor said. I know I know in the speech he told us about how he disagrees 100% with what the pastor has said but of course he has to say that. Does he really feel that way? Why has he continued to go the same church for 20 years? I believe Obama when he says he wasn't there during some of the most radical sermons but honestly, can you really tell me that one week Rev. Wright is yelling "God damn America" and "America's chickens are coming home to roost", just to follow up the next week with a sermon telling us how we need to unite together as as Americans or how much Jesus really loves us? Even though Obama may have not been there at that particular service, I'll guarentee you that he has sat through similar sermons concerning similar issues.

Wait wait wait! Hold on one moment. Ok, the pastor has said some really crazy stuff but John, are you telling me that you really believe Obama believes this? He's repeatedly denounced it and you can't play the whole "guilt by association" card, come on you have to be fair. Ok first, Mitt Romney didn't get a pass for not belonging to a mainstream church. He was grilled so much so, that he ended up having to give a speech concerning it. So why should Obama get a pass? On top of that, Mitt Romney's religion only disagreed with doctrinal issues concerning particulars within the various churches whereas Obama's church is preaching hate, divisivness, and so forth. I thought that the point of going to church was to go somewhere that inspires us, makes us better and brings us together as a human family. If any white preacher were to preach anti-black sermons you better believe there would be public outrage and Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton would both be demanding a public apology and resignation. Do you hear Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton harping on Rev. Wrights doorsteps? Of course not, but I diagress. Getting back to my point, I don't go to church just to go nor do I go just because I want to propel my personal career or just because I have nothing else to do. I go because I believe in what is being taught. I go because I have similar views pertaining to religion as do most of those in the congregation. Why would Obama go to this kind of church? Only Obama really knows the real answer to that question but not only is it fun to talk about it, it's actually vital for us as Americans to know how he really feels.

The issue I'm most concerned with is how much influence the Rev. Wright has had on Obama. I just don't understand how you go to a church for twenty years and not have it have any influence on your life. I haven't gone to my church for that many years and yet it has had a profound influence not only on my life but also in my way of thinking. Even though he may not have the same radical views on certain issues that the Rev. Wright has, he has to have a lot of the same views and desires of the pastor otherwise why would he join the church in the first place. I'm just saying. So even though I'm sure Obama is a nice guy, I think he does share a lot of the same passions and desires of the Reverend and that frankly scares me. Goodnight everyone and remember to save trees and conserve poop!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I've been trying to say forever. The biggest problem with Obama is the fact that no one really knows who he is and what he really believes. At least with Hillary you know her record and know how she thinks. With Obama, we have no idea.

Anonymous said...

If you want to know why the United States is so divide, it is because of this kind of Bull$%@#. Seriously, you have no idea what it means to be black or what we do. You are on this high and mighty holier than thou attitude thinking that you know so much more than the common black folk. The comments that were made were strong but that's just part of how we do things in the church. We don't agree all the time but that is how every church is. The only reason you are coming down so hard on Obama on this issue is because you have nothing else to go off. Obama is the best qualified candidate for president that the US has had since Lincoln. Ignorant Caucasain.

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what is bs. It's these African Americans who can't get over themselves and still blame everyone today for the mistakes of the past. You guys just need to get over it and stop complaining about how horrible it was 200 years ago.

What is Conservatism said...

Just FYI I'm Asian, not Caucasian. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Your blog on the Politico was stupid and then I come to your website to really see if you're this dumb and yep, just the same old right wing garbage. No wonder most educated minded people with Ph.D's are liberals.

Anonymous said...

This is just more conservative retoric that makes no sense. You all are just so against the minority that you can't see how blind you all really are.

Anonymous said...

Don't be hat'n on Obama. Just because you can't find anything else to complain about you had to go to his preacher to find fault with him, that's like saying Jesus wasn't perfect because Judas betrayed him, please you have to open your eyes and stop hat'n on the black man